This feasibility study investigated the potential for a Community Hub that included a primary school and other community cultural and recreational facilities. The objective was to maximise the synergies from integration of local education and community services, in line with the vision for the Fishermans Bend Urban Renewal Area.
Working closely with both the Department of Education and Local Government, the Donald Cant Watts Corke team outlined the possibilities for innovation, colocated service provision, collaborative governmental solutions and provided a spectrum of options for the Ferrars Street site development. We provided:
- Comprehensive stakeholder consultation and engagement
- Investigation of vertical school case studies nationally and internationally
- Solutions for reflecting new models of education and current pedagogy in the proposed school
- Assessment of options for community hub facilities
- Identified three design and construction options for a vertical primary school and community facilities hub, including conceptual planning drawings
- Prepared cost plans for the three design options