Experienced Bank Reporting Services
Our team are very experienced in acting as the liaison between our clients and the bank.
We understand the integral role the Building Contract plays in the delivery of a project and are experienced in undertaking a review of the contract, in particular the commercial terms including retentions, liquidated damages and variations amongst others.
We also offer monthly progress reports required by the bank commensurate with progress claims from the builder, including signed certificates certifying the value of works completed in the period as well as the forecast cost to complete the total project.
Many forms of building contracts used in Australia prescribe the requirement for a superintendent.
Our suite of services includes:
- Progress monitoring and reporting;
- Coordination of quality control and completion inspections;
- Assessment of extension of time claims;
- Assessment of progress claims and issue of progress certificates;
- Assessment of claims for extra payment (such as claims under the latent conditions provisions or variations) under the contract;
- Determine issues of potential dispute under the contract between the principal and the contractor;
- Arrangements for execution of contract documents;
- Screening of commercial requirements in relation to contractors’ insurances and security deposits;
- Approvals and clearances by statutory authorities;
- Advice on rate of progress and expenditure; and
- Recommendations on contractual actions to be taken by the principal.