Donald Cant Watts Corke was appointed as Project Managers for the Arcadia Private Hospital, Pittwater project in 2016. We delivered this project via a D&C contract (Post Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) route); and managed this process through to completion, operational readiness and hospital licensing.
"The Arcadia Private Hospital provides rehabilitation and clinical services in a hotel-like facility, to facilitate a patient's optimal recovery. We are delighted our partnership with Arcadia Health allowed them to achieve this."
The client, Arcadia Healthcare’s vision is to deliver a new benchmark for Rehabilitation and Private Healthcare through the fusion of purpose-built hospitals with the highest care and hospitality standards.
The Arcadia Pittwater Private Hospital, located in Sydney's northern suburbs, combines hospitality, amenity and service, with clinical treatment to optimise a patient’s recovery. It offers patients an environment similar to the comfort level of a 5-star hotel and/or their home.
This represents a clear departure from the traditional hospital environment and includes a superior offering in the following areas:
- room décor and fitout;
- patient Infotainment system and social network connectivity (digital wifi);
- hotel standard in-room services including food, laundry and concierge bookings, menu options and food quality;
- range of treatment options ancillary to core clinical practice spa styling for day rehab areas, including wellness;
- access to a range of areas throughout the facility for patient socialisation including patient dining lounge;
- access to superior garden and landscape and balconies for fresh air and natural sunlight;
- integrated interior design elements throughout the facility;
- visitor amenity (parking coverage per visitor) supported by valet service.
The hospital project comprises:
- nursing wards comprising 63 inpatient rooms accommodating up to 85 inpatient beds over two levels;
- patient lounges;
- patient dining (café);
- hydrotherapy pool;
- gymnasium and physiotherapy areas;
- wellness centre;
- multi-terrain foot path;
- ADL kitchen and laundry;
- day rehab patient amenities/toilet shower change room;
- ambulance bay;
- health facility-grade support services including:
- medical records
- hospital administration
- Information Communication Technology
- security and access
- central stores
- linen services
- commercial kitchen
- waste management
- repairs and maintenance workshop; and
- basement car parking (two levels).
The hospital received NSW Department of Heath licensing in January 2018 and opened in February 2018.
This facility is Arcadia's first rehabilitation hospital. Donald Cant Watts Corke is proud to have partnered with the Arcadia team in delivering a successful outcome..
"Quote here about something related to the project, could be a few lines long or maybe just two lines long to keep it simple."