UCQ has an asset base that represents over $3 billion of Asset Replacement Value (ARV) across its aged care and hospital portfolios.
These portfolios are managed under separate business units with disparate asset management capabilities, systems and governance approaches.
To support UCQ streamline and optimise its Facilities Management (FM) service delivery, we developed a Whole of Asset Lifecycle Strategy with the following elements:
- Asset management framework aligning with each stage of the asset lifecycle.
- Capability assessment in alignment with ISO 55000 standards.
- Minimum ‘preservation levels’ for the various asset types based on location, function, strategic alignment and profitability.
- Review of maintenance budgets against industry benchmarks, and
- Review of FM services and structure.
The Strategy includes an Implementation Plan with key recommendations that are anticipated to save the business in the order of $1.2M per year in cost efficiencies and operational savings.