The new Royal Children's Hospital is the largest hospital redevelopment undertaken by the State Government of Victoria.
The new facility features over 5,000 rooms, with a capacity for 240,000 patients a year, 230 emergency patients a day, and 4,000 staff. This state-of-the-art facility provides a stimulating and colourful environment for younger and older people alike. With views of the Royal Park gardens throughout the facility and plenty of natural light, this is a unique healing environment, setting a new benchmark in hospital design for children.
Donald Cant Watts Corke are proud to have worked on the Royal Children's Hospital redevelopment for Technical Due Diligence, Independent Certifier and Independent Reviewer capacities.
Technical Due Diligence
Donald Cant Watts Corke provided detailed technical due diligence comprising review and comment upon:
- Design and Construct Cost including building area and cost efficiencies
- Default scenarios
- Risk Management
- Building Design and Buildability
- Design and Construct Contractual Issues
Independent Certifier and Independent Reviewer
Donald Cant Watts Corke provided the following services:
- Review of master works programmes
- Monitoring of and reporting on progress and milestones
- Overview of Completion Documentation
- Review of completion test methodology templates and test plans
- Witnessing of designated completion tests
- Certifying Technical Completion and completion of Outstanding Items
- Monthly inspections for compliance with endorsed Design Documentation
- Certification of monthly progress payments
- Final validation inspections