The Kelvin Grove campus is critical to the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), located within a confined site in the centre of the campus, linking to existing adjacent buildings and circulation routes.
It comprises teaching spaces, student lounges and creative spaces, function spaces, office and study areas, all spread over 6 levels with a substantial atrium linking with the adjoining buildings.
The QUT Education precinct project was procured under a traditional lump sum contract, with Donald Cant Watts Corke providing full Quantity Surveying services.
- Full Cost Planning Services from Master Planning to Tender
- Value Management Services
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Cost Management Services during Construction
- Preparation of Bills of Quantities
Delivery Form and Role:
- Lump sum Tender
- Full Quantity Surveying services including Masterplanning, Cost Planning, Value Management and Construction Services
- Two stages with EOI for shortlisting of contractor and stage two tender based on Bills of Quantities
- Tender Evaluation – report included analysis of pricing compared to pre-tender cost plan
Photo Credit: Christopher Frederick Jones