Donald Cant Watts Corke is committed to ensuring environmental sustainability is at the forefront of everything we do.
We have played a significant role in cost management of the first environmentally sustainable buildings in Australia:
- We completed the 60L Green Building development - an ESD office building for the Australian Conservation Foundation, which won the Premier’s Business Sustainability Award.
- We provided cost management services on the City of Melbourne’s Council House Redevelopment (CH 2) - a $70M
6 Star Green Star ESD office facility.
- We provided cost management for the Economics and Commerce building for The University of Melbourne, which achieved a 5 Star Green Star rating on the new Educational Green Star rating tool.
- The Monash University New Horizons building which whilst budgeted for a 5 Star as Built rating achieved a 6 Star rating as built upon completion.
- We also acted as Independent Certifiers & Reviewer of the 6 Star Green Star ANZ Docklands Head Offices, the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, and were the quantity surveyors for the Box Hill Hospital Arnold Street Building, which achieved a 4 star rating.
All of these projects mentioned have been designed for minimal environmental impact in terms of material
and energy use.
Throughout the course of a project, we employ a number of Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) initiatives: