Donald Cant Watts Corke provided Infrastructure specialist Quantity Surveying services for the Western Treatment Plant (WTP) 55E Activated Sludge Plant (ASP) Renewal Project Scheme.
The project consists of reviving the existing Western Treatment Plant (WTP) by enhancing a more safe and efficient biological treatment process to adhere to EPA Victoria’s strict environmental compliance obligations. Currently, the WTP is unsafe and the use of aging equipment has resulted in inefficiencies and increased maintenance costs.
These issues have been addressed within the functional design and the project scope includes:
• Construction of new bioreactors;
• Construction of new associated pump stations and flow chambers;
• Construction of new blower house, amenities building, Master Control Centre buildings;
• All associated civil works;
• All associated pipework;
• All associated mechanical plant and equipment;
• All associated electrical and mechanical services
Donald Cant Watts Corke (Infrastructure) provided QS services including submission of a functional design estimate and were able to:
• Provide Aurecon with an accurate functional design cost estimate within a tight timeframe (2 weeks) based on the large amount of design information provided;
• Provide construction methodology advice for the selected scope of works (which we have incorporated within our estimate);
• Have direct correspondence and constant communication with Aurecon throughout the cost estimate period.
The project is due for completion in 2023.