The new Royal Adelaide Hospital, which opened in 2017, is the single largest infrastructure project in South Australia's history; and provides tertiary level services, including the full range of complex medical, surgical, diagnostic and support services.
Key state-wide services are provided at the hospital, including major burns, trauma, spinal, renal transplantation, neurosurgery, complex vascular and hyperbaric medicine. It comprises 800 beds, 267 treatment spaces and 40 theatres.
The new hospital replaces the previous Royal Adelaide Hospital, which opened in 1840. The architectural design of the new hospital ensures that all rooms have access to natural light and easy access to internal gardens on balconies. It is designed to create a positive healing environment for patients, while maintaining a positive working environment for staff.
We are proud to have worked on the new Royal Adelaide Hospital project as the Independent Certifier, serving joint clients: the State of South Australia and Project Co.
Donald Cant Watts Corke provided the following Independent Certification services:
- Review of master works program
- Monitoring of, and reporting on, progress and milestones
- Monthly inspections
- PCG attendance
- Overview of completion documentation
- Review of completion test methodology templates and test plans
- Witnessing of designated completion tests, most of which were Engineering based
- Final validation inspections - for 100% of the building
- Web-based tracking system to monitor and report on testing and all Technical Completion and Commercial Acceptance criteria
- Certifying technical completion and completion of outstanding Items
- Certification that works are fully compliant with the design requirements, most notably, the Functional Brief, Technical Specifications and all design departures.
Technical Due Diligence
Donald Cant Watts Corke provided detailed technical due diligence during the bid phase, comprising review and comment upon:
- Design and construct cost including building area and cost efficiencies
- Default scenarios
- Risk management
- Building design and buildability
- Design and construct contractual Issues
"Quote here about something related to the project, could be a few lines long or maybe just two lines long to keep it simple."