Donald Cant Watts Corke is providing project management and quantity surveying services for a new residential aged care building for Little Company of Mary Health Care (Calvary).
Works include demolition of three existing buildings and construction of a new four level building, with basement car parking within an operational, heritage-listed environment.
The development will accommodate 116 residential aged care bedrooms with 21 independent living units; and ancillary services including a café, lounges and a hairdressing salon.
The project aims to accommodate residents with widely-ranging levels of independence, and provide support as residents age in one place, including dementia-specific care.
The broad project objectives are to:
- replace the existing residential care (RCF) facility with minimal operational disruption;
- design a building that can be adaptable for either RCF or serviced apartments/ILUs;
- design a structure that has capacity for additional levels in the future (STCA);
- increase the site’s density, including parking, without relinquishing the attributes of the site or diminishing the historical and garden elements of the site;
- more effectively use community space.
Broadly, the project comprises:
- staged demolition of three single-storey residential care facilities (RCFs);
- construction of a new four-storey building comprising 116 residential care rooms and 21 Independent Living Units (ILUs);
- staged private road works;
- refurbishment of community centre building including partial demolition;
- associated public domain works;
- associated public infrastructure works;
DA approval was granted in July 2017, and construction works will commence in September 2018. Completion of our work will be in late 2018; however it is anticipated the project in its entirety will be completed in early 2020.