Donald Cant Watts Corke (DCWC) proudly acknowledges the traditional custodians of our land, pays respect to their elders past as present and their continuing traditions on Country.
DCWC is committed to Australian Government initiatives with respect to stimulating Indigenous entrepreneurship and business development; and to providing Indigenous Australians with more opportunities to participate in the Australian economy.
As part of this commitment, DCWC has established an internal Indigenous Business Enterprise (IBE) Working Group. The group is developing, driving and communicating positive initiatives across all DCWC business units to integrate this into our company values and culture.
DCWC is currently:
- A member of Supply Nation
- Identifying, reviewing and engaging with a more diverse supply chain
- DCWC’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) has been submitted to Supply Nation and steps are being taken to implement the plan across our National business.
- Communicating our internal IBE Policy and action plan with key dates and deliverables against actions required by the RAP, which has been circulated across the entire business
- Improving cultural awareness of staff through opportunities to better understand Indigenous culture, and demonstrate respect and recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, via events such as NAIDOC Week and Reconciliation Week
- Establishing and fostering strong mutually beneficial working relationships with key representative organisations and businesses appropriate to our work