Thursday 12 April 2018, NATIONAL -
Donald Cant Watts Corke today announced the appointment of Mr Michael Chant as a new Director in Canberra, heading up the Project Management division for the ACT office.
Mr Chant has over 15 years of project management experience, delivering successful projects in the built environment across a range of sectors.
“Michael is an outcome-driven professional; with proven leadership and management of diverse and multi-disciplinary teams in a variety of project-based workplaces, in both the private and public sector,” said Mr Glenn Corke, Group Managing Director.
“Having worked with us on various Canberra-based projects as a contractor and within other service delivery areas, we are delighted to now have him on board in-house; particularly, as a Director and member of our leadership group,” added Mr Corke.
“Michael brings a great amount of depth and breadth to our new project management portfolio in Canberra. He has worked extensively in the PM space in Canberra, overseas and in regional NSW; with experience in a range of sectors, including health, government, defence, commercial, residential and mixed-use developments, and will be an asset to any project he works on.”
Some of Mr Chant’s most notable projects include:
- Client-side PM for a multi-storey residential apartment development, Sapphire – on the Kingston Foreshore;
- ACT Department of Health – Project Manager for several business cases as well as the New Premises Fitout;
- Murray Darling Basin Authority – New Premises Fitout;
- Department of Defence – National Program Director for the Defence Estate Works Program;
- NZ Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Project Director for the High Commission Refurbishment;
- SERH Bega Hospital Early Civil Works;
- Australia Post flagship store refurbishment in Civic, ACT;
- 3-5 National Circuit Integrated Fitout, Attorney-General’s Department, ACT; and
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers – integrated fitout in Barton, ACT.
“I am passionate about project delivery and effective project management. I am also very passionate about all that Canberra as a city offers and am driven by the opportunity to deliver projects that improve our lanbdscape. There is so much opportunity across a range of sectors, whereby much-needed infrastructure is now being built to accommodate the changing needs of the federal government and capital’s population,” explained Mr Chant, Director, ACT Project Management.
“Taking on the Director role at Donald Cant Watts Corke is an exciting career move; one that is strongly aligned with my passion and values as an experienced project manager.”
Donald Cant Watts Corke prides itself in its national strength, local knowledge, relationships with stakeholders, and being appointed as trusted advisors based on the people we contribute to a project.
“I'm looking forward to continuing to support the property and construction industries in the ACT and beyond, and am delighted to be taking on this senior leadership role in the Canberra office,” Mr Chant added.
Photo: Mr Michael Chant, Director, ACT Project Management